Review Erowid at GreatNonprofits.org!
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" for the 10th year in a row
and spread info about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Completely Sober
Amphetamines (Generic Adderall) & Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
by Jeremy
Citation:   Jeremy. "Completely Sober: An Experience with Amphetamines (Generic Adderall) & Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) (exp65930)". Erowid.org. Feb 13, 2008. erowid.org/exp/65930

725 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
  T+ 1:30 25 mg insufflated Amphetamines (ground / crushed)

After a great experience with taking 25 mg orally of generic Adderall, I decided to experiment with combining it with Benadryl in order to avoid the insane drowsiness that accompanies ingesting large amounts of Benadryl. So I took 29 pills, or 725 mg, of Diphenhydramine. I gave it a good hour and a half to kick in, since I planned to snort the Adderall so it would act immediately. When I began to feel the 'small hands' feeling, a personal tell-tale sign that I am feeling full effects of the Diphenhydramine, I crushed and snorted the five 5mg pills of Adderall.

I expected the drowsiness to go away, and most likely some of the lethargy that also accompanies ingestion of Diphenhydramine, while leaving the visual and auditory hallucinations that I desired. What actually happened was completely unbelievable. It was as if the amphetamines cancelled the Benadryl out COMPLETELY. I couldn't believe it. I felt COMPLETELY sober. I decided to give it time, that maybe the Diphenhydramine just hadn't started giving me any hallucinations. After about half an hour of feeling completely sober, I decided to go to sleep. I brushed my teeth just like any other sober night and went to sleep. I fell asleep jacked up on 25 mg of amphetamines with no tolerance.

I don't know what it is about these two drugs, but they seem to cancel each other out. I don't know what it is about this combination, but I did not expect anything like that. It's really weird that it cancels out any visual or auditory hallucinations.

Summary: I took Benadryl and amphetamines in an effort to stay awake and ended up feeling 100% sober for a half hour. Went to sleep like normal.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65930
Published: Feb 13, 2008Views: 22,753
Amphetamines (6) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)