Subjective Effects of Psychedelics Survey
Researchers at the Psychedelic Research Lab at
Monash University, Australia are conducting a survey
about the subjective effects of classic psychedelics
(LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, & MDMA).
A Trip Down Nowhere Lane
LSD
by anonymous
Citation:   anonymous. "A Trip Down Nowhere Lane: An Experience with LSD (exp6549)". Erowid.org. Feb 28, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6549

1 hit oral LSD (blotter / tab)

My experience with LSD occurred several years ago. I grew up in a very Christian family, but being new to a college environment I was more than curious about several drugs. I have a somewhat addictive personality, and have enough friends in the drug scene to know that I could easily get caught up. In spite of this, I wanted to try a substance which alter normality without leaving me with a feeling that I wanted more.

I decided that I would trip once, and then hope my experience wasn't overcoming. I arrived at a party on Halloween night. The majority of the invited guests were on one drug or another, and I decided that this would be my chance. Several friends had access to acid, so I decided to give it a shot. I was also drinking, so it hard to say when the effects first hit, but within about an hour, I noticed that my perception of reality began to change. My experience is less like others. Although I had some visual effects such as tracing with cigarettes, by and large I noticed few visual effects. The other effects were awesome. The entire room took on a persona of its own, and I had an overpowering desire to take everything in. I noticed a pentagram on the wall, something which would have floored me before, but I just sat there staring at it for what must have been 20 minutes.

We left, soon after, and went to another party. There was a huge bonfire and my friends and I spent about an hour just staring into the middle of the fire. Everything seemed to slow down and I found the effects humorous. I was up almost the entire night, unable to sleep until around 9:30 the next morning (almost 12 hours after I took only 1 hit).

Certainly when you take any drug, you are taking a chance with negative side effects. I must admit that my experience with LSD was quite enjoyable, but I have never had a desire to try it again. It was a fun evening, and I highly recommend that if you are thinking about doing it (or any other drug) you consider the possible consequences and put yourself in a safe environment.

Exp Year: 1999ExpID: 6549
Published: Feb 28, 2002Views: 6,617
LSD (2) : First Times (2), Large Group (10+) (19)