Economical Use of a Precious Substance
DMT, Nitrous Oxide & Hyperventilation
by agog
Citation:   agog. "Economical Use of a Precious Substance: An Experience with DMT, Nitrous Oxide & Hyperventilation (exp65454)". Erowid.org. Aug 31, 2007. erowid.org/exp/65454

smoked DMT (powder / crystals)
    inhaled Nitrous Oxide (gas)

Some time ago I was introduced to dmt by a wonderful woman. It was my experience that many deep hits were required to reach a truly mystical mindset and/or synesthesia, if a smaller amount was taken only euphoria was achieved. The harsh nature of the smoke prohibits holding it in the lung and thus much of the material is not absorbed. The first batch of dmt I tried was I believe synthesized, my next exposure was years later to an plant extract (likely acacia) which contained both dmt and 5meo dmt. We smoked this with a glass tube vaporizer, and in the process of doing so decided to combine the dmt with n2o.

I took several deep hits and began to feel strong effects both a physical euphoria and bright visual hallucinations. I closed my eyes then began to hyperventilate with a balloon of n2o. Immediately the colors vanished, I was in the exact same churning pattern realm as before but it was black on black. The trip did seem to last longer, but felt somehow sacrilegious. I will never again combine dmt and n2o (ketamine and n2o on the other hand are great).

I waited for some while then repeated the experiment this time using the balloon without n2o. The same size pinch of powder gave a strong longer-lasting colorful trip than it would have without recycling the smoke. My friend who was much more familiar with this plant-derived material agreed that the balloon extended and intensified the trip. We experimented with the technique and found one of us could take several huge hits, blow them into the balloon and pass this to the other who would then breath it in then out (into the balloon) and pass it back. I was able to get a good high off only second hand smoke. However the best tek was to take hits as I normally would until I was almost to the point of complete incapacitation, all the while saving them in the balloon and then hyperventilating into super conscious hyperspace. I hope this tek will be of some use to the community. It is a very economical use of a precious substance. Go boldly forth.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65454
Published: Aug 31, 2007Views: 15,971
DMT (18), Nitrous Oxide (40), Acacia (77), Hyperventilation (141) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)