Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
The Ups and Downs
Methadone
by Scotty
Citation:   Scotty. "The Ups and Downs: An Experience with Methadone (exp65303)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2021. erowid.org/exp/65303

20-60 mg   Methadone (daily)
      Pharms - Buprenorphine

For about the last three years I've had a solid methadone connection. Prior to having tried methadone I was an avid drinker and occasionally splurged with opiates like percocet, and hydrocodone.

After my first experiences with 'done there was no turning back. The intensity of the high was pure bliss, not to mention the long lasting effects (sometimes up to 24 hours). My early use of 'done required only 20mgs to achieve desired effects. This is what I consider the upside. Its relatively cheap and puts you in a euphoric stupor ALL day.

The downside. Tolerance built really fast for me. After a year of just occasional use (twice a week) I required twice the dose I started with to nod. Not that big of a deal, but the effects now only last a couple hours, the good ones at least.

My use really accelerated after a while and eventually I ended up on bupe. Which I've been on for about 6 months now. Bupe is a good substitute, however I still mentally crave a good dose of methadone here and there. Occasionally I do imbibe, but hey no one is perfect.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 65303
Published: Feb 25, 2021Views: 193
Methadone (166) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)