Withdrawal from Hell
Pregabalin
by Sonic
Citation:   Sonic. "Withdrawal from Hell: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp65280)". Erowid.org. Aug 29, 2007. erowid.org/exp/65280

450 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)

I was prescribed this med for peripheral nerve pain secondary to a broken elbow. I was on it for at least two years. When my extended health benefits ran out I could no longer afford it and had to stop after a very short taper.

This is much worse than withdrawing from a benzo. I have severe insomnia, depression, tight chest, sweating alternating with chills, inability to think or concentrate properly.

Anyways, it has been two weeks and I have only seen a marginal lessening of the withdrawal symptoms. My Dr. put me on a diazepine (valium) taper to try to make it easier, but it hasn't helped much, not even the insomnia.

Word to the wise: don't get hooked on this stuff!

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 65280
Published: Aug 29, 2007Views: 23,159
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)