Where Do Those Voices Come From?
Heimia myrtifolia (Sinicuichi)
by SunOpenerSam
Citation:   SunOpenerSam. "Where Do Those Voices Come From?: An Experience with Heimia myrtifolia (Sinicuichi) (exp64853)". Erowid.org. Dec 11, 2015. erowid.org/exp/64853

smoked Heimia myrtifolia (extract)

Several times I have smoked a fortified Sincuichi product called “Nuchi Leaf 5X,” purchased at a head shop. Having made a tea out of the product has done little but made me pleasantly drowsy with some leg muscle cramping, but I suspect the amount of material used was not nearly enough.

I enjoy the pleasant effects of smoking this forgotten treat, particularly when in conjunction with cannabis as it eliminates any lingering paranoia and lethargic/apathetic effects. It affects my vision by making things seem slightly brighter and cheerful, and even though I am slightly photosensitive, this doesn’t bother me in the least. Giddiness flows over me, and while not causing me to laugh like a fool at the most mundane things in the way salvia or nutmeg would, I find it very easy to laugh at things that wouldn’t normally be funny, but not in an overpowering, tears rolling down my face manner. You know, a few giggles here and there at the day's events, something someone did or said, or a joke heard.

The onset of this experience is very interesting to me as it is closely reminiscent of the coming up period during a Salvia voyage, as well as the smoke tasting similar to Salvia.
This is very hard to explain. My vision and sense of self begins to distort as dissociation sets in, but not at the often alarming rate or intensity Salvia does for me. It’s as though a Salvia trip is about to begin, but the brakes are jammed on abruptly, leaving me stuck somewhere between first and second gear on the salvia plateau, or somewhere between the S and A on the SALVIA scale. The most intriguing part of this is that I will hear the “voices” I almost always here when I use Salvia. These voices are so familiar yet alien to me, like I’ve heard them all of my life yet I don’t know from who, what, where, and when. With Sinicuichi they are much fainter and not so distracting, yet they enable me to remember Salvia trips I have otherwise forgotten. On a few occasions this shot long lost memories of my childhood back into my mind, much like Salvia, but more of a recollection than a reliving of the events. This psychedelic dissociation fades within two minutes and I’m feeling content and happy.

Could Sinicuichi and Salvia be somehow related in their shamanic usage or lineage? Or is the “Nuchi Leaf” really laced with trace amounts of Salvia to make it more dramatic? I don’t know, but Sinicuichi is intriguing and way more enjoyable ( much more pleasurable but nowhere near as mindfucking) than Salvia.

[Reported Dose: 'one to four bowls']

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 64853
Published: Dec 11, 2015Views: 1,757
Heimia myrtifolia (333) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Unknown Context (20)