Motor Skill Problems
DXM (with CPM)
by Former CCC user
Citation:   Former CCC user. "Motor Skill Problems: An Experience with DXM (with CPM) (exp64351)". Erowid.org. Feb 25, 2008. erowid.org/exp/64351

300 mg oral DXM (pill / tablet)
  40 mg oral Chlorpheniramine Maleate (pill / tablet)

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

I experimented with Coricidin as a teenager under the recommendation of a friend of mine. All I had ever done was habitually smoke pot and upon trying Coricidin approx. 4-6 pills I felt good eventually building an immunity. Having increase the dosage with each use I eventually got up 15 pills for the effects and by then I had grown sick of this disgusting high so I quit taking them. My friend on the other hand wasnt as apt to being sober as I was and continued taking them, quickly building an immunity till he had to take at least 30+ to feel the effects.

He suffered severe heart damage and now requires medication to correct the effects of the damage. Now at six years later I was stupid enough to try it again due to no available pot or pills and much to my dismay i took 10 pills and felt like I was a tweeker my jaw muscules went haywire flexing erradically and I was senseless for about 6 hours. Finally it wore off and I went to sleep then for the following month and a half I felt retarted with slower motor skills inability to think straight or for a long period of time and when I smoked weed these effect seemed to amplify finally after about 35 - 40 days later I was back to normal. This is a caution to any one thinking that coricidin is worth taking for a trip....it most sertianly is not.... No trip is worth your life or your health

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 64351
Published: Feb 25, 2008Views: 10,222
DXM (22), Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164) : Health Problems (27), Various (28)