Support accurate info and harm reduction.
Donate $50+ and get a Know Your DrugsData tee
Worse Than It Seems
DXM (with CPM)
by Kym
Citation:   Kym. "Worse Than It Seems: An Experience with DXM (with CPM) (exp6420)". Erowid.org. Feb 24, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6420

28 tablets oral DXM (pill / tablet)
    oral Chlorpheniramine Maleate

[Erowid Note: Most Coricidin contains CPM (Chlorpheniramine Maleate) which can be dangerous in high doses. See DXM Brand Warnings for more info.]

I first did coricidin the start iof my sophmore year at high school and thought it was fun enough but didn't really care about doing it again. I did it a few more times on weekends and realized how it made me want to meet people and made me feel more comftarable socially. I switched schools in the middle of the year and didn't know anyone so i took it my first day. anyday when i wasn't on it at school i felt like a reject, so i did it almost every day for a month or two.

One night me and my best friend were at my house and i ended up taking 28 just for the hell of it. I had never done any drug besides weed and i started tripping out and i got more scared then i ever have in my life. i was hallucinating and my best friend was drunk and didnt know what to do. After I started throwing up all over my basement my parents found out which was really bad because they thought i was an angel.

I didn't realize til after that episode how bad it gotton where i was doing really bad at my new school and probably acting really messed up all the time and not even realizing. I also realized how many boxes of coricidin I'd stolen over this period wherew i had never stolen anything before that. I throw up really easily now which really sucks. I saw coricidin pills for the first time like a week ago when some girl was taking them in the bathroom at my school, and seeing them made me throw up. It's a really scary thing and its embarassing to basically go thro emotional rehab for a COLD medicine. I like to call myself an ex grocery store druggie, and for anyone who does it i recommend getting a real drug, at least then you know what you're getting into!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6420
Published: Feb 24, 2002Views: 25,502
Chlorpheniramine Maleate (164), DXM (22) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Health Problems (27), Retrospective / Summary (11)