New, Vintage, and Signed Blotter Art
Dennis McKenna, Ken Kesey, or the Shulgins
Smile on My Face
Yerba Mate & Melatonin
by DJ
Citation:   DJ. "Smile on My Face: An Experience with Yerba Mate & Melatonin (exp63751)". Erowid.org. Jun 15, 2007. erowid.org/exp/63751

6 oz oral Yerba Mate (tea)
  3.0 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)

I purchased a 150 count bottle of 3 mg each melatonin tablets (my sleep pattern sucks ass) and 35 bags of yerba mate dried herb intended for tea. Made the tea, drank it, waited approx. 3 minutes, took my melatonin. the tea itself even going down the throat is calming, even I've discovered it's meant to be a stimulant. The going up on the tea was really really smooth, and enjoyable as I felt content accepting understanding and overall great. Peaking on the tea the melatonin tabs started working. Melatonin relaxed me and give me the ability to sleep when I wish but didnít knock me out.

I kid you not I fell asleep fast I slept through the night for the first time in months! I woke the next morning and arose very easily and was ready to take on my day with a great big smile(like the actual yerba mate box actually suggested).

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 63751