Review Erowid at
Help us reach 20 reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Smile on My Face
Yerba Mate & Melatonin
by DJ
Citation:   DJ. "Smile on My Face: An Experience with Yerba Mate & Melatonin (exp63751)". Jun 15, 2007.

6 oz oral Yerba Mate (tea)
  3.0 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)

I purchased a 150 count bottle of 3 mg each melatonin tablets (my sleep pattern sucks ass) and 35 bags of yerba mate dried herb intended for tea. Made the tea, drank it, waited approx. 3 minutes, took my melatonin. the tea itself even going down the throat is calming, even I've discovered it's meant to be a stimulant. The going up on the tea was really really smooth, and enjoyable as I felt content accepting understanding and overall great. Peaking on the tea the melatonin tabs started working. Melatonin relaxed me and give me the ability to sleep when I wish but didnít knock me out.

I kid you not I fell asleep fast I slept through the night for the first time in months! I woke the next morning and arose very easily and was ready to take on my day with a great big smile(like the actual yerba mate box actually suggested).

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 63751
Published: Jun 15, 2007Views: 15,342
Yerba Mate (282), Melatonin (94) : Health Benefits (32), Combinations (3), Alone (16)