Stunning Huichol Yarn Art
Donate $150 or more and get a beautiful Huichol yarn
painting, hand made by Huichol artists in Mexico.
They make fabulous gifts! (6, 8, 12 & 24 inch pieces available.)
Vivid Colours
Carbogen
by S
Citation:   S. "Vivid Colours: An Experience with Carbogen (exp63681)". Erowid.org. Jan 4, 2010. erowid.org/exp/63681

inhaled Carbogen (gas)

The descriptions online are a little disconcerting, but I saw a friend do it, so I figured I would give it a try.

First try we went really low with the CO2, around 10-15%. Colours became more vivid, I fealt slightly disorientated. I fealt slightly weird afterwards, so I waited about 2 hours before trying again.

We did a more accurate mix for the 30% mark, and I began sucking it down. Breathing out through the nose, it had that acidic tang that you get if you smell the top of a recently opened soda. I can understand where people would get the idea of panicing if they just lost it when the breathing became difficult. It does feel funny, because I want to exhale as soon as I get the mix in my lungs. But I remind myself to go with it, there's a lot of O2 there. Colours go vivid, then sort of explode.

Aftereffects (acquard feelings, difficulty communicating, sense of unreality) last about 5 minutes for the real feelings, and about a half hour for the psychological effects.

We like thoughtful and tactile experiences, this is neither, I also don't know if I'd do it again... but it wasn't bad.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 63681
Published: Jan 4, 2010Views: 13,151
Carbogen (423) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)