Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Jitterin On Ritalin
Methylphenidate
by Methy Molly
Citation:   Methy Molly. "Jitterin On Ritalin: An Experience with Methylphenidate (exp6367)". Erowid.org. Feb 21, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6367

10 repeated   Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)

About 2 years ago I was tested for ADD because I showed an increased inability to concentrate in school. The fact of the matter is that it bored me and was too simple ... but instead, I was diagnosed with AADHD (adult attention deficit hyperactive disorder). I laughed and took the pills anyway... For a long time I would just give them away to friends or throw them away, but then I realized that taking 3 in the morning woke me up and made me bearable at early hours.... I built up a tolerance and switched to snorting the stuff.

I do about 40 mgs each time (crushing and snorting) and continue to take a few to wake up. After a full day of this routine I am left shaky, tense, paranoid, and very awake... Even then, I take sedatives, sleep a little, and do it again. Like other people who enjoy the perky drugs, the chemical taste of the generic stuff (methylphenid) is more enjoyable than other ritalin (specifically, the white coated pills that are yellowish inside). It's fun until you get addicted and wait for the next prescription, or at the end of full day of perky powder are twitchin in your chair. Don't get to this point. Make it's use occasional, enjoy the energy, and share!

And also, sometimes smoking pot and doing ritalin will cause a body high that's uncontrollable and very uncomfortable. Other times I get the perfect high being awake and delightfully stoned. It's also a great way to get hungry again. Just make sure that if you're going to mix ritalin and ganja you don't have any depressing thoughts in your head. It will amplify the negative feeling.

Ritalin is very fun but after addiction it's a habit that left me nervous and unable to sleep... Have fun and be happy!....

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6367
Published: Feb 21, 2002Views: 26,575
Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10), Retrospective / Summary (11)