Erowid Canvas Tote/Shopping Bag
This reusable "Ecobag" is made of 100% recycled mid-weight
(10 oz) cotton canvas, printed with the Erowid logo.
Donate now and receive yours!
Addicted to methylmorphine
Codeine
by Alberto
Citation:   Alberto. "Addicted to methylmorphine: An Experience with Codeine (exp6360)". Erowid.org. Jun 29, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6360

330 mg oral Codeine

I am a 17 year old Belgian guy. I'm taking codeine for about a year now (i started with 120 mg) now i take a single dose of 300 mg. I can't stay off it for longer than three weeks. I know i've fucked up my life seriously (considering i'm 'only' 17), not about the codeine, but I know what opiates can do, and I'm sure that i will try them again whenever i'm in big problems... that's the only truth. My life is 50% codeine and 50% of the rest. I take two SSRI's for a severe depression. I get very scared when I'm thinking of what i'm doing at my age.

I'm now withdrawing (for the seventh time or so) day four, so my worst day is over. I'm sure I want things to change
i really hope they do...

The most important thing i can say to you: when you are not feeling well, don't take codeine! You will spread out your problems over your whole life!

I'm not saying codeine is bad or so, you really really have to know what you're doing, and i don't...

Alberto

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6360
Published: Jun 29, 2001Views: 21,370
Codeine (14) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Various (28)