Against the drug war but not sure what to do about it?
Join Erowid and help spread accurate, independent information.
Becoming an Advertisement
DXM & Salvia divinorum (5x extract)
by Croc_HunterDM
Citation:   Croc_HunterDM. "Becoming an Advertisement: An Experience with DXM & Salvia divinorum (5x extract) (exp6334)". Erowid.org. Feb 19, 2002. erowid.org/exp/6334

8 oz oral DXM (liquid)
  100 mg smoked Salvia divinorum (extract - 5x)

Having used DXM for a full year now, it seems to be my solemn duty to potentiate the substance rather than stop using it. 50 trip limit? Don't obey it. Olney's Lesions on my brain? What brain?

I skipped dinner the other day and instead bought an 8oz jug of Tussin, which I have found very easy to drink (sue me, I'm out of powder, okay?!). In 3 large gulps I had the stuff sitting in my belly, the two dram I had taken an hour before helped to quelle my nausea. Although I didn't have any food, it took about 2 hours for my trip to get going. Chalk it up tolerance, I suppose.

Around 1am I robowalked out to my truck and put some 5x salvia in the 'ol bongaroo. My bong is normally about 8' tall and doesn't have a huge 'hit' capacity, but recently I taped on an extra length of tube and effectively doubled the value of the bong, as it now has a chamber a foot and half tall (1' diameter).

When I came out to the truck I was already peaking off of the DXM, and as I put the bong down, exhaling salvia smoke, I could tell I was in for some weird shit. I had left the radio on at a very low level, and was suddenly no longer in my car... As far as I could tell, I was on a stage of some sort, participating in an advertisement. Yes, leaving the radio on subjected me to various jingles and catch phrases as the station went to commercial, and damned be if that didn't influence my trip.

The most coherent thing I remember is being 'forced' to participate in an advertisement for computer parts. Know those commercials where the professional dancers do something artistic and wacky to demonstrate their business plans? I seemed to be in one of those, I could 'see' people above and below me (the whole time I was just sitting in my truck) and I was part of some corporate logo made out of a people pyramid! As the salvia started to wear off I got a little bit of my control back, and urgently didn't want to be in this 'commercial' anymore!

Last year, when I had first tried DXM + salvia (regular leaves), I had an experience so frightening that I threw away my salvia... This time I was sort of ready for it, but I think the 5x threw me for another loop! I estimate that I sat in my car for about a half hour, just wigging out. Luckily it was 2am by then and anyone else out at that hour was as intoxicated as me (albeit from different, legal, 'drinkable' chemicals...).

When I collected my thoughts and believed I was no longer under the influence of the salvia, I walked back to my dorm, smoking a Black and Mild. As I ashed the Black, I saw someone approaching me from behind, but didn't give it a thought because I was tripping. However, this individual turned out to be one of our trusty campus policeman, and dammit if my Robowalk didn't make me look like a damned (insert 'senile grandma t-rex' here)! The cop held the door open for me, and I held the inner door open for him, so fortunately I ended up just walking in behind him, so he couldn't see my Robo shuffle. I can't even begin to imagine how he would have asked me what I was on/doing. I apparently didn't smell like reefer either, even though I had smoked a little of that after the salvia.

For the next few hours I just layed low, until I went back to my room to pretend that I had been sleeping (my roomy would not approve of my habits and thus must be fooled in order to maintain our sound relationship). As soon as he left for the day, I got dressed and headed back out to the car, and smoked up some more green matter.

Usually during a DXM trip I have the energy to stay up the entire night, but on this occaision I was pretty exhausted. After attending all of my classes, I finally caught a nap in the afternoon. Perhaps this effect is because I was using syrup instead of my usual powder.

A blast of a trip, although I'm fucking mystified as to what salvia was trying to show me by turning me into a commercial. Man, I tell you, some of these inter-dimensional beings really piss me off!

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6334
Published: Feb 19, 2002Views: 5,012
Salvia divinorum (44), DXM (22) : Alone (16), Combinations (3)