It's Erowid's 20th Anniversary!
Help us keep going for another twenty with a small donation?
Erowid is a global information resource. We're an educational non-profit working to provide an honest look at psychoactives. Accurate info is required in order to move forward with research, drug law reform, and safer use. This work is made possible by small donations and memberships (get our newsletter!).
The Golden Root
Rhodiola Rosea
by Dan
Citation:   Dan. "The Golden Root: An Experience with Rhodiola Rosea (ID 62902)". Erowid.org. Jul 19, 2007. erowid.org/exp/62902

DOSE: 350 mg oral Rhodiola rosea (daily)

Rhodiola rosea is wonderful!

I have been consuming 350mg. r. rosea in pill form every morning for the past month. In retrospective summary, I can say the following:

- r. rosea is mentally stimulating, yet does not contain any of the negative effects associated with other stimulants I have used, such as caffeine or amphetamine.

- r. rosea increases physical endurance, easily noticed in aerobic activities such as running, and swimming.

- r. rosea provides me with a clear state-of-mind, and a general sense of peace.

- r. rosea was helpful to me in simultaneous cessation of my tobacco and amphetamine addictions.

- r. rosea is wonderful.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 62902