individuals who have used a psychedelic while in a
romantic relationship, for an anonymous survey.
Both individuals & couples are invited to participate.
Got Rid of A Cyst
Fasting
by unknown
Citation:   unknown. "Got Rid of A Cyst: An Experience with Fasting (exp62859)". Erowid.org. Jun 28, 2007. erowid.org/exp/62859

Back in high school I was always interested in natural medicine and was really scared to have orthoscopic surgery on my knee. I injured it in gym, the knee kind of tore when my foot remained in one position and I turned abruptly. Anyhow, over a few days after the injury I awoke to a horrifying lump on the knee which stuck out the size of a nickel or so when I bent my knee - you could literally grab it, it was like the gristle on the end of a chicken leg if you can imagine. The doctor told me my only option was surgery. As luck and fate had it, I was walking into the sports facility to talk to someone about the surgery and some pro-baseball player was walking out and told me not to dare have surgery at 15 years old - he said try anything else before you let anyone cut you.

So long story short, I read about fasting, that the body would sometimes use the fast as a way to rid itself of things. I figured what the hell, and did it on my own for approx 30 days. I basically lived on fruit shakes and an occasional orange. Within about a week the cyst was shrinking, then gone--I mean gone! I was amazed and went back to the doctor. He too was totally in shock but hey no surgery! I remained on the fast after that for a while because I was feeling so good. Asthma began to clear up a bit and I felt a lot better. Fasting is worth a try, even for a few days.

Exp Year: 1984ExpID: 62859
Published: Jun 28, 2007Views: 11,423
Fasting (178) : Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)