Citation: Sloth. "Extraction for Poppies: An Experience with Poppies - California (exp62756)". Erowid.org. Jun 10, 2007. erowid.org/exp/62756
I found a nice little way of producing low grade opium like tar from californian poppies
note: P used a stainless steel pan but i'm sure you could use pyrex or something.
1) bring 1 cup water to a boil
2) put 2.5 tablespoons poppy seeds in a mortar and pestal and grind it up a bunch (add some of the boiling water if it doesnt grind well)
3) add the poppy junk to the pan
4) simmer on medium for about 10 - 15 minutes
5) strain through a mesh strainer then through a coffee filter
6) throw away the seeds and clean the pan
7) put the nasty brew back in the pan
8) evaporate the water off by simmering it till it starts to get nasty and starts to stick to the sides
9) when that happens put it at an angle so the juice collects in a puddle (if your using a gas stove and a pan with a handle you can just prop it up)
10) at this point it should be waaaay less that what you started with and you should start to see a orange tar form (could be a different color too) and should smell like burnt sugar sorta
11) scrap that up and keep it, I recommend kneading it a bit with a spoon to push out the remaining water
Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It makes me feel nice and warm and floaty =D
COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid and you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving permission first.
Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.