Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Becoming a Clown
Clonazepam & Alcohol - Hard
by Gaelic
Citation:   Gaelic. "Becoming a Clown: An Experience with Clonazepam & Alcohol - Hard (exp62715)". Erowid.org. Mar 17, 2019. erowid.org/exp/62715

oral Pharms - Clonazepam (daily)
    oral Vitamins / Supplements
    oral Alcohol - Hard (daily)

Clonazepam is truly the worst substance I have ever taken. It all started w having an atypical seizure disorder and having anxiety about seizures. I was fortunate to have access to lots of pure, well made lSD during my teens and 20's and tripped over 500 times. Don't know if this helped perpetuate a propensity of develpoing epilepsy but have other friends who have similar exper. after heavy LSD use. Still, don't regret my insights from LSD.

I was prescribed 1mg a day of Klonopin and within 6 months got up to 4mg. At first, it was euphoric and I rested well. Never have been addicted to anything but gradually (like over 6 months) could not go any longer than 6hr w/o taking Klonopin. Meanwhile, I started drinking alcohol everyday to potentiate the effects. After 16 months, I was drinking 6 or 7 ounces of Grain alcohol a day and several beers. Gradually, I tapered down to 1 mg of Klonopin a day and 2 oz of alcohol. Klonopin effects the GABA system. I believe I have been able to replenish some of the neurotransmitters effected by the pharmacology through a supplement called Replenish. However, I still have to get off Klonopin and will by summer. Weight gain has been around 50lbs the last 3 years. Like others, I have had visual effects while withdrawing due to its effects(Klonopin) on retinal receptors. This is a real bad drug but I think it can be overcome w replinishing my neurotransmitters(dopamine,norepiphirne).

Exp Year: 2004ExpID: 62715
Published: Mar 17, 2019Views: 237
Pharms - Clonazepam (125), Alcohol - Hard (198) : Combinations (3), Retrospective / Summary (11), Addiction & Habituation (10), Not Applicable (38)