Morphidex
DXM & Morphine
by Krad
Citation:   Krad. "Morphidex: An Experience with DXM & Morphine (exp62051)". Erowid.org. Feb 6, 2008. erowid.org/exp/62051

50 mg oral DXM (capsule)
  T+ 0:00 50 mg insufflated Morphine (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:45 50 mg oral DXM (capsule)

I had heard for a long time that dextromethorphan will potentiate the effects of opiates. For the last few days I've been in a great amount of pain from a herpes simplex I outbreak, and wanted to put the 1/1 morphidex ratio to the test for analgesia. When I found this to be rather pleasant, I upped it to a 2:1 ratio, and here is the result:

8pm - take approx 50mg dex(capsule) and 50mg morphine hcl (insufflated).

8:30 - pain in groin subsides, euphoric morphine feeling prevalent but not significantly potentiated, I decide to take more dex.

8:45 - ingest 1 more 50mg dex capsule.

9:30 - this is where things get strange. I had eaten a rather large meal before taking the dex capsule, and because of this there was a distinct latency between the come up of the opiates (most of which I snorted) and the dxm, which I ate. At this point I smoked a little weed and I noticed something. At this dosage ratio, the morphine MIGHT have been stronger, but it was hard to notice because the dex was DEFINATELY potentiated. All of a sudden, I noticed the distinct patterning of dxm closed eye visuals, the opiates had a definate effect on the weirdness of the dxm mindstate, making it much clearer. Overall the effect was extremely pleasant, and I could see it being incredibly addicting for the right people. I don't know if I would up the dose any more as the feeling was already becoming sort of overwhelming at 50mg/100mg.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 62051
Published: Feb 6, 2008Views: 22,798
Morphine (211), DXM (22) : Combinations (3), Alone (16)