Review Erowid at
Help us be a "Top Rated Nonprofit" again this year and spread
honest info (good or bad) about psychedelics & other psychoactive drugs.
("Share Your Story" link. Needs quick login creation but no verification of contact info)
It Took Five People to Hold Me Down
LSD & MDMA (Ecstasy) & Lithium
Citation:   Matt Grimes. "It Took Five People to Hold Me Down: An Experience with LSD & MDMA (Ecstasy) & Lithium (exp61989)". Jun 19, 2007.

T+ 0:00
  oral Pharms - Lithium (daily)
  T+ 0:00 5 hits oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  T+ 0:20 2 tablets oral MDMA (pill / tablet)
On March 23, 2007 I thought it would be quite comical if I took all the remaining drugs me and my friend had. We'd both been sober for quite a while, and hadnít done anything but acid since November. Although on New years I took 2 hits of acid while on the anti-depressants Wellbutrin and Seroquel. I also had taken 1 hit of acid on two occasions while on Wellbutrin and Seroquel.

On 3/23/07 I took 5 hits of acid that all my other friends had only taken 1 of and said they had 'one of the best/most intense trips ever' I had not taken my lithium in 2 days (this day was the second day) because it made me extremely drowsy and I couldn't wake up to go to school, by the way I am 16 years old and in high school. Me and 2 of my friends did not remember that I was on a pretty high dose of anti-depressants. I remembered that I hadn't taken my lithium and joked that it was 'a sign from god' that I would be okay in taking the acid. Oh, and about 20 minutes before when we picked up the second friend, I had the 5 hits on my tongue and stuck out my tongue at her. She replied 'you are my fucking hero'. We had lots of laughs about it when we arrived at a mexican resturaunt. I went to the bathroom to crush up the pills of ecstasy and parachute them.

By the time I finished, the acid already started kicking in. I went out to the tables to smoke some cigarettes. 10 minutes later we got in the car to go to another friends house to hang out with one of the friends girlfriend. On the way, I couldn't even see due to the trails everywhere from lights + the shaking of my eyes from the ecstasy. Her parents were still home at the time, so I was told to go on a walk, which usually are quite enjoyable on LSD, But this time wasn't as enjoyable as I expected. I say down on a knee high brick wall and smoked some cigarettes. Behind me was the backyard of a house with some kind of water fountains that dripped at a constant interval every few seconds. This repetitive dripping echoed through my head until the next one, causing some discomfort.

Also, which I'm guessing was due to the lithium (since I had taken acid with ecstasy before) I feel like there were cats purring in my ears and saw vines crawling up my legs and wrapping around me, and I didn't have that usual 'acid feeling'. The purring kept repeating over and over again, exactly the same as the time before. Also I could hear the hiss of the grass swaying in the wind, also constant. I tried calling the two friends over and over hoping they would pick up. After I think 10 - 30 minutes I got up and tried walking the 100ft to the car. I stumbled around on the pathway but couldn't tell exactly how noticeable it was. I got in the car, curled up in a ball and held my head. I kept calling till one picked up. I begged 'you need to get over here right now. I'm fucking freaking out, I don't know whatís going on!' calmly they responded 'where are you?' and I replied 'IN THE CAR. HURRY UP' and hung up. I waited for 10 minutes and no one came out side. I called and called again. The friend picked up again and I said 'where are you hurry up?!' so they finally came and sat in the back seat of the car asking if I was okay and I replied 'no I don't know what the fuck is going on. We need to leave'. Within 10 minutes the girlfriend's parents left and we went into the back yard. I tried to drink some Gatorade but just choked on it and stopped drinking.

For some reason, 10 minutes later her parents returned and I hid under the table. I couldn't handle the anxiety, so I got up, and stumbled out the gate. Her dad tried talking to me and tried to shake my hand but I couldn't understand anything he was saying. They told him I was just really high on weed and we eventually left to go to another friendís house, leaving the girlfriend there to baby sit her brother. Once again, in the car I could see nothing, just trails of lights and trees, and the whispering continued. At this point I started to lose memory of what happened.

According to one of my friends, walking to the house, I feel and hit my head and just lay there and they dragged me inside. I remember sitting on the couch, rolling around on the floor, and twitching and all the shit. I was incoherent, and couldn't understand what my friends were saying. I remember saying words, that I thought they would understand but I would just say things like 'doug' (I don't know anyone named doug) and 'gyerm' and other random things. I started to become frantic, when one friend called another and told him what was going on, asking if I'd be okay. I began to freak out even more, when she called him again telling him he needs to come over immediately.

I can't remember much after this point, but I remember my friend N, M, and S coming over. and I remember everyone pinning me down. According to my brother who came with my dad after an hour this whole thing was about 3 hours in duration. I began to scream and bite everyone, and I was being held down by about 5 people. I was screaming 'parents' and 's..s..s..sho..should I be dying?!' and 'bones ! I need my bones'. I remember both of my arms being broken with the bones popping out. but that was only in my head. Due to my screaming, the next door neighbors called the cops, who called an ambulance.

According to friends, any time someone let go on my arm , I would grab anything I could and pull it to my mouth to bite it. If I couldn't grab anything I would bite my fingers, and it was no play bite. If no one pulled my hands out of my mouth, I would have no doubt bitten all of my fingers off. The medic's put a hard monitor on me, and I had a pulse of 160. I had horrible twitches and seizures and my eyes were shaking , and my pupils covered my whole eye.

The next thing I remember, which was 16 hours later, at 11 am the next day, I was in the hospital which bruises and huge scabs all over my body from carpet burn and people holding me down. When I was first admitted to the hospital I was screaming at the top of my lungs and was strapped down. My brother, who was there for the more recent hour of trip said he had never seen anyone that 'gone' before, and he did a lot of acid when he was in his teens (heís 22 now).

According to friends I seemed somewhat like a rabid dog, one moment being extremely aggressive, then the next moment full of paranoia and extremely frantic. All my friends were covered in bite marks and bruises. They all agreed that I would probably be dead (by suicide, or getting hit a car or something) or at least be missing a few fingers if I was by myself. In the hospital I had a very low lithium level.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 61989
Gender: Male 
Age at time of experience: Not Given
Published: Jun 19, 2007Views: 25,543
[ View PDF (to print) ] [ View LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Swap Dark/Light ]
MDMA (3), LSD (2), Pharms - Lithium (91) : Small Group (2-9) (17), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Combinations (3)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports copyright Erowid.
No AI Training use allowed without written permission.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download, analyze, distill, reuse, digest, or feed into any AI-type system the report data without first contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the authors who submit them. Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults