Help us get 25 reviews! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
A New Path
5-MeO-DiPT
by e
Citation:   e. "A New Path: An Experience with 5-MeO-DiPT (exp61892)". Erowid.org. Feb 9, 2019. erowid.org/exp/61892

1 tablet oral 5-MeO-DiPT (pill / tablet)

5-Meo DIPT was a drug I had never heard of before three days ago. I am now quite familiar with it. So lets get to the chase....

4:45pm - Mildly tired with an empty stomach

I take the pill with a glass of water and half a sandwich.

5:15

While waiting in line at the bank I feel a slight trembly feeling in my left leg. A good trembly though, almost as if I could swing it out at someone if they were to try any funny business. I was also begining to become slightly more sensitive to temperature. The AC in the bank whizzed in the backround and it felt great.

5:45

Back home im beginning to feel the trembly feeling taking on a more anxious feel. It begins to permeate through the rest of my body, finally arriving at the back of my skull where it seems to be weighing down heavily. Music is great. I start to play guitar and I am quickly able to grab chords that I never knew existed. Rhythmically, I can grapple with akward time changes and atonal melodies with ease.

Breathing takes on a more pronounced and calculated effect. I can think clearly and calmly.

6:00

I lay down on my bed face up, looking at the ceiling. Im tired now so I feel like I could maybe doze off for a few. As I sit there I can feel the drug in my system, affecting my thoughts, and I know im still in control. However, when I began to actually 'nod off' I felt a quick jab of consciousness ring throughout my body. At first it felt like I was usually tired but trying to 'stay afloat',and then I began to think that it was my subconscious making itself known was the jab that I felt. Im not sure exactly about the nature of 5MeoDIPT with sleep or in dreaming states.

7:00

The effects of the drug seem to be leveling off and maintaining strength. Sounds are still very interesting and colors seem vibrant. My frame of mind is interesting. Im not an exactly 'ideal' frame of mind due to a recent suicidal roomate I had to deal with. He is fine and I feel myself today almost completely open to discuss anything, even if it be 'not now' type of things. I am able to talk with him about the recent events and even come away with a better understanding of the whole evening.

9:23

The drug is diminishing in strength now, and I feel more close to 'normal' Sleep will be difficult.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 61892
Published: Feb 9, 2019Views: 113
5-MeO-DiPT (57) : General (1), First Times (2), Music Discussion (22), Various (28)