Erowid is a Global Information Resource
Monday Blues No More
Yerba Mate
by Joexperimenter
Citation:   Joexperimenter. "Monday Blues No More: An Experience with Yerba Mate (exp61386)". Erowid.org. Mar 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/61386

40 g oral Yerba Mate (tea)

So anyways Iíve been drinking yerba mate since about September 06 with a few breaks in between.

Basically this weekend was Daylight Savings time and I couldn't get to sleep till like 12. I thought 'Hey why not get some ready for tomorrow'. I got a thermos and some Yerba Mate that I bought from Argentina about 2 weeks ago.

I only drank half which is about 1/4th of what I usually drink (it tasted like shit for some reason).

The below summarizes my experience.

6:30 A.M. - Downed the mate

6:55 A.M. - Music on ipod sounds mildly different(placebo?)

8:00 A.M. - Movie in English effects me a bit more emotionally than usual.

8:50 A.M. - Walked into Media Arts, my friend was putting files into different folders on the computer. This cracked me up extremely I was laughing for the entire duration of when he was doing it. About 3-6 minutes. I would say this was the peak but I could be wrong.

10:45 A.M. - Effects mellowed out until now. I went to drop a plastic ball into a test tube and as soon as I put it near the rim of the tube I cracked up completely, felt floaty, legs tense, arms tense, bent over a little as my stomach tensed cause of laughter.

10:50 A.M. - Attempt to put a second ball into the test tube and held back a milder giddiness and did it. Reflexes have been heightened I got the drop rate of the ball almost perfectly at 1.45 seconds.

11:05 A.M. - Just finished walking to class, my legs felt like jelly they were very lazy, although I felt like I could move I had no will to so my legs slumped.

12:00 A.M. - Looked over at my friends face and started laughing, more mild then last 2 times.

Thatís basically it, I did feel a bit of a crash and got extremely frustrated. Besides that I would say that it was an awesome experience.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 61386
Published: Mar 12, 2007Views: 12,904
Yerba Mate (282) : General (1), Alone (16)