Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. [See Progress]
We still need 256 donations to meet our goal!

Donate by Bitcoin
A Burning Nose
Piperazines - MeOPP
by Eratosthene
Citation:   Eratosthene. "A Burning Nose: An Experience with Piperazines - MeOPP (exp61380)". Erowid.org. Mar 12, 2007. erowid.org/exp/61380

insufflated Piperazines - MeOPP (powder / crystals)

[Erowid Note: Two samples of powder (even of the same chemical) with equivalent volumes won't necessarily weigh the same. For this reason, eyeballing is an inaccurate and potentially dangerous method of measuring, particularly for substances that are active in very small amounts. See this article on The Importance of Measured Doses.]

I decided it was worth a try to procure a bit from an online retailer and try it out. I originally ordered 1 gram of MCPP from a site in New Zealand, deeming that compound the best bang for the buck. After three months of waiting, and pretty much giving up hope that I'd ever see my precious little baggie of powder, a package finally arrived. I'm not sure what happened, but they ended up sending me 5 grams of MeOPP instead.

Not having a scale, I divided the entire bag up into gelcaps, which after calculations ended up being about 150mg per cap, with a little left over. Curious to see the effect of snorting it, and wanting to get the experience started quickly, I lined up a little (estimated about 50mg) and proceeded to inhale. About half the line went into each nostril.

Oh my God, it burned worse than any substance I've ever put up my nose, and there's been more than a few. Seriously, I teared up immediately, and every time I inhaled it burned more. There was no way I was gonna get an active dose in my body this way, so after an hour or so of waiting, I downed one of the caps.

My friends and I were sitting around smoking some good hydro, and about an hour passed before I really felt anything above and beyond the weed high. Initially I felt kind of speedy, like I just drank four or five cups of coffee. My hands were quite shaky, and this persisted the entire length of the experience. The come up was in waves, not unlike MDMA, but much milder. I also became alternately hot and cold, with each wave bringing a change in temperature.

By about the hour and a half mark, it seemed to plateau, and I settled into a nice, comfy feeling of slightly speedy calmness. That sounds a little contradictory, but it's the best description I can think of. My head and body were buzzing, and I was definitely not tired, but it felt really good to just lay down with a blanket. My pupils were a little dilated, and stayed that way for an hour or so.

At about two hours I could feel the effects waning, but it was a very slow, graceful comedown, not at all like the abrupt crash I usually feel with stimulants. I was pretty much baseline after about four hours. Peak rating was a solid +, maybe ++. I feel like perhaps it's just a dosage related issue, and I plan to try the substance again at 300mg to see if the effects are heightened.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 61380
Published: Mar 12, 2007Views: 10,324
MeOPP (378) : Alone (16), First Times (2)