Pass on Gas
Inhalants: Gasoline
by MF Luder
Citation:   MF Luder. "Pass on Gas: An Experience with Inhalants: Gasoline (exp6083)". Erowid.org. Apr 11, 2001. erowid.org/exp/6083

inhaled Inhalants (gas)

[Erowid Note: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe recreational use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these reports to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything but dangerous.]

I was really bored one night and decided to try huffing gasoline for the first time. I have heard so many bad things about it, but I thought they were all scare tactics. I thought to myself, 'How can it do that much damage?'. So, I started out by getting a 2-liter bottle and putting a little bit of gasoline at the bottom, I began huffing it madly, for about 40 seconds to a minute. I sat back and waited ... within seconds, I had a buzz that was really dull. It gave me a heavy sinking feeling, as if I was being pulled into the ground. No visual hallucinations occurred, and no auditory hallucinations either. The buzz lasted for mere minutes, and then was gone. It was certainly not worth it, and I will not be doing it again. I don't recommend it either, the buzz is dull and does not last long at all. Find a better way to amuse yourself...

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 6083
Published: Apr 11, 2001Views: 26,755
Inhalants (29) : Alone (16), General (1)