Have Psychedelics Changed Your Beliefs
about Death or Dying?
Have you had a psychedelic drug experience that altered
your beliefs or understanding about death and dying?
Take the Johns Hopkins Survey about your experience!
Content Emptiness
Heroin (Black Tar)
by Gary
Citation:   Gary. "Content Emptiness: An Experience with Heroin (Black Tar) (exp60628)". Erowid.org. Jul 21, 2009. erowid.org/exp/60628

15 mg smoked Heroin (tar / resin)

Hello, over my short life, I've tried several drugs. Starting with caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol, I moved onto marijuana, which I smoked regularly for about one year. Because I lived at home at the time, and I was a careless teenager, I got caught by my parents. After that, I kept things quiet for a few months, and then I started doing E, acid, ketamine, nitrous, and various amphetamines.

However, I had always been interested in smoking heroin (needles aren't my thing). So, when the opportunity presented itself to score some h from a local dealer/friend of mine, I jumped on the opportunity to buy twenty dollars worth. I took it home, got some tin foil and a small glass tube to inhale the smoke. After trying unsuccessfully to get it to smoke over a candle, I got out a simple bic lighter, which worked much better. It took a while to completely burn up, but by that time, I was pretty damn faded.

I felt good. It's not what I would call 'euphoria' but was more like a content emptiness. I put on some Coldplay and just chilled, watching the candles flickering in the draft in my room. Life was good. I didn't care about the problems in my life, and work seemed like something completely pointless, I see how people become addicted to this. Now, it's been about an hour and a half since I smoked and it's starting to wear off. I feel itchy and tired. Overall, this has been a great experience, but I won't do it again because this is a habit that could ruin me financially.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 60628
Published: Jul 21, 2009Views: 38,210
Heroin (27) : First Times (2), Alone (16)