Help us get 10 more reviews! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
A Happy Sloth Quits Cold Turkey
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) & Bupropion (Wellbutrin)
by Zapped
Citation:   Zapped. "A Happy Sloth Quits Cold Turkey: An Experience with Duloxetine (Cymbalta) & Bupropion (Wellbutrin) (exp60558)". Erowid.org. Jul 21, 2009. erowid.org/exp/60558

Duloxetine (daily)
      Pharms - Bupropion (daily)

Like so many others who stop taking an antidepressant, I am also experiencing brain zaps and nystagmus, at least every 30 seconds. It's relentless. When I do an internet search, I find literally thousands of people coming off various antidepressants and experiencing these symptoms.

The cymbalta worked well for depression, but I gained 20 pounds in a year and was like a sloth. A happy sloth, yes, but still a sloth. I then started on Wellbutrin in the beginning of December to quit smoking and not only did it work, but I also felt great, energetic and interested in the world again, but uncomfortable about being on two meds.

So I decided to quit the cymbalta. I did this without any medical supervision, and I did it cold-turkey, which I wouldn't recommend. My mood is fine, but the only thing is the brain zapping, that electrical buzz feeling accompanied by a big 'whoosh' sound, and I wonder how long it will last. Also there is some tingling in my lips accompanying the zaps. I haven't bothered to see the doctor, because what can they do?

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 60558
Published: Jul 21, 2009Views: 20,245
Duloxetine (395), Pharms - Bupropion (87) : Combinations (3), Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Depression (15), Post Trip Problems (8), Not Applicable (38)