Relief at Last!
Quetiapine (Seroquel)
by Rooboy
Citation:   Rooboy. "Relief at Last!: An Experience with Quetiapine (Seroquel) (exp60288)". Erowid.org. Jun 26, 2009. erowid.org/exp/60288

250 mg oral Pharms - Quetiapine (daily)

First let me start out that i'm a 22yo wm with hx of major depression coupled with a mix of antisocial/borderline personality disorders. I was first diagnosed with these things when I was 20, now i'm two years older and I probably owe my life to that miracle drug.

To anyone who likes to take pharms for their highs...Seroquel is not for them, lol, it'll knock them on their ass, that is, unless they like the drowsy, lightheaded-until-you-pass-out, antipsychotic that it is.

Anyways, I used to have lots of problems...I was a serial monogamist, err, meaning I hooked up a lot and then dumped them shortly after getting what I wanted, which was pretty much only sex. Man I was so smooth too, lol. My parents owned a few businesses so I had plenty of cash to spend, so I could pretty much get whoever I wanted. I remember being called an 'asshole,' I guess that pretty much described me at the time.

After talking to a psychiatrist about some depression I was going through she Dx'd me with a personality disorder plus major depression and we started going through all kinds of drugs trying to find the right one. After a few months we started on Seroquel, first at a low dose like the manufacturer and USP says to, and then going up to around 250-350mg a day with about 1/3 of it taken during the day and 2/3 of it at night. This drug absolutely saved my life, with all the self destructive behavior I was going through and the endless abyss of depression I had, I'd be dead by now, if not for the drug.

Yeah it did kinda fuck with my head the first few weeks, but after a few months it wore off -- I took it it all the time -- and you felt pretty damned good...not in a manic way, but a good way, kinda like I was Jesus Jones...except I condemn religion in my apartment lol. But yeah, anyone out there who is really depressed like I was/am, might want to talk to their doctor about getting on Seroquel, plus an anti-depressant for good measure like effexor or duloxetene.

Anyways right now, I haven't hooked up in six months or more because well really I don't feel the need to go and use someone just for a night and then ruin their feelings like I used to love doing. Plus I'm comfortable about myself enough to start taking over my families business. I'd call myself a success on Seroquel.

Oh, big plus: At least for me, it seems Seroquel gives a big plus to my sex life... makes it, uh, more fun, heh. Anyways, for me.

Later,

Rooboy

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 60288
Published: Jun 26, 2009Views: 20,626
Pharms - Quetiapine (273) : Not Applicable (38), Therapeutic Intent or Outcome (49), Depression (15), Medical Use (47), Glowing Experiences (4)