Do you know about DrugsData.org?
It's an Erowid project that does lab drug testing of anonymously
submitted samples & publishes the results online. [See Recent Results]
Help on the Way
Buprenorphine
by Mad Chemist
Citation:   Mad Chemist. "Help on the Way: An Experience with Buprenorphine (exp58761)". Erowid.org. Jun 16, 2007. erowid.org/exp/58761

6.0 mg oral Pharms - Alprazolam (daily)
  4.0 mg sublingual Pharms - Buprenorphine (pill / tablet)
  1.0 mg sublingual Naloxone (pill / tablet)

I ingested one half (4mg) of an 8mg sublingual Suboxone tablet about 20 minutes after waking up in the morning (8:30). I allowed the tablet to dissolve beneath my tongue as directed and refrained from swallowing any of the saliva produced, keeping all of the drug/oral fluid inside my mouth for about 3 minutes before finally swallowing the solution.

It has been two days since my last 'fix', as I have been addicted to a rather large array of opioids for about two years. I am certain the entire 8mg tablet would not be a problem for me.

T+1:00:
I have some slight effects coming on. No cravings for my Oxycontins, morphine, hydromorphone, hyrdrocodone. I feel nice and warm, no usual morning headache or extreme anxiety

I take 2mg of Xanax 3x/day for anxiety.

Today has been the first morning I have not needed to take my Xanax upon waking. My stomach is starting to cramp ever so slightly, but nothing I would associate with the suboxone.

A hit or two of some heady herb and things would be fine.

T+1:30:
I feel very nice, eyelids are feeling a little heavy, ready to begin my day, going to drive(do not feel too intoxicated to drive) and pick up some odds and ends, get a prescription filled and come home and relax. Without consuming the Suboxone I would most likely be in bed trying to sleep the day away while consuming xanax to ease my withdrawal symptoms Will follow up in a few hrs.

T+3:00:
Very relaxed no dramatic increase in effects. Very Calm, unusual considering I have been taking 8-15mg of Xanax (in 2-5mg doses 3xdaily) and have not taken any today. Still do not feel like I am 'high', rather very level. I am a little hungry but am going to wait another hr or 2 before eating anything. I am pleased with the effects thus far, as I am seeking to discontinue my opiate use and currently have no cravings. Although, I suspect consuming 8-16mg would provide a noticeable rush/high, which may be desirable/addictive. More in a few hours.

T+5:00:
At 5hrs after sublingual consumption of 4mg suboxone, I feel I have achieved the peak effects of the drug. I did not get high, nor sick (a valid concern for anyone who consumes suboxone with opiates already in their system). However, I did not feel the urge to seek or consume the opiates which have been a part of my daily life for years.

I am ashamed to live in a country that would rather prescribe me oxycontin over a substance that could help break me from the bonds of the addiction controlling my life. Breaking this cycle is far beyond any one pill or counseling session, however I feel that with counseling, exercise, and professional medically administrated dosages of this drug I could break free from the choke hold of opiate addiction and return to the person I once was.

Exp Year: 2007ExpID: 58761
Published: Jun 16, 2007Views: 9,766
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Alone (16), Medical Use (47)