Get the Erowid "Words" T-shirt
Contribute $45 and show support for accurate drug information!
My Calm Clarity
Yerba Mate & Ginkgo biloba
by Visarga
Citation:   Visarga. "My Calm Clarity: An Experience with Yerba Mate & Ginkgo biloba (exp58214)". Erowid.org. Mar 6, 2007. erowid.org/exp/58214

400 mg oral Ginkgo biloba (pill / tablet)
  3 cups oral Yerba Mate (tea)

This particular combination is a first experience for me. I have a little previous experience with Yerba Mate but Ginkgo Biloba is the first time.

I swallowed the Ginkgo Biloba capsules and they took about an hour to kick in. I felt this clarity and like a state of interior purity. The mind was calm and focused. I could feel a warmth all over the skin as the circulation was stimulated towards the periferic regions and the brain.

After some time I took 3 cups of Mate tea with honey (about 1 liter of tea). Mate introduced a second sensation of well being, pleasure and exhilaration. Combined with the enhanced mental acuity of the Ginkgo pills they tend to be like a mild cannabis stoning, yet extremely pleasant and most of all, obtained with items from the shop in the corner of my street and very inexpensive.

Ginkgo enhances not only the mental clarity and power of concentration, but also the senses. More than any other sense, my sense of taste was almost as enhanced as when I eat while high on cannabis! Also the sense of hearing is superbly enhanced and my trance music seems 2-3 times better.

No bad effects so far, I am 10 hours into the experience and I have taken another dose already to prolong the sensations.

P.S. Also seems to be an excellent aphrodisiac.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 58214