Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Caffeine
by Somabliss
Citation:   Somabliss. "Thank You Coffee: An Experience with Caffeine (exp5802)". Erowid.org. Feb 4, 2002. erowid.org/exp/5802

1800 mg oral Caffeine (pill / tablet)

I started drinking coffee three years ago and I always enjoy it. Coffee can make me concentrate for longer periods have more energy, and be more outgoing.

About a year ago I found out I could buy caffeine tablets at the local drugs store. So me and some friends who had never drunk coffee, bought a couple of packets. The next day I took 500mg when I woke up. Which made me feel really weird. My friends took 200mg and felt very sick. Maybe this demonstrated how one must have a tolerance for caffeine before trying large amounts. At about lunch I took another 500mg and felt weird again. At this dosage everything takes on a spiritual quality. Sitting in class becomes a kind of meditation; taking to friends becomes a time of bonding. Basically I feel good but not in a euphoric way. Throughout the rest of the day I took more and more caffeine till at about 12pm I realized I wasn't going to sleep and stayed up for the rest of the night.

Incidentally my friends started to really like caffeine and took loads of it mixing it with ginseng. One friend then started taking amphetamines (about 7 months after taking caffeine) mixing them with caffeine. That friend now does many other drugs and so it seems reasonable to say that caffeine was probably the first 'gateway drug' (if there is such a thing) for all of us.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5802
Published: Feb 4, 2002Views: 6,886
Caffeine (11) : General (1), Various (28)