Definitely Not For Me!
Yohimbe
by Mollydawne
Citation:   Mollydawne. "Definitely Not For Me!: An Experience with Yohimbe (exp5784)". Erowid.org. Oct 31, 2001. erowid.org/exp/5784

3 tsp oral Yohimbe (tea)

I've been enjoying mild MAO inhibitors such as passionflower, and was curious about yohimbe which is also listed as an MAO inhibitor. I ordered my yohimbe online and received it in shaved bark form. I measured out 3tsps (half the recommended dosage), steeped it for 10 minutes in boiling water and added 3 tsps of lemonade mix (the natural kind made with asorbic acid), drank it slowly.

I felt nothing for 45 minutes. Then all of a sudden I heard a pounding sound in my ears and I realized it was the sound of my blood pressure. My heart was pounding a mile a minute and for one second I thought that I really fucked up and my heart was going to explode. Then I started vomiting profusely. My heart continued to beat at nearly three times it's normal level for almost two very very scary hours. It was as if I had been given a shot of adrenaline -- and in doing some research, i read that yohimbe blocks certain chemicals that naturally block adrenaline.

I finished the trip by dumping the un-used yohimbe straight down the toilet. I would recommend this chemical only to people who love to be super stimulated, and who have the body type/weight to handle it.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5784
Published: Oct 31, 2001Views: 21,658
Yohimbe (96) : Health Problems (27), Unknown Context (20)