Erowid - Honest Global Drug Information
Wonderfully High
Hydrocodone & Cannabis
by HazyDaze
Citation:   HazyDaze. "Wonderfully High: An Experience with Hydrocodone & Cannabis (exp5742)". Erowid.org. Jan 22, 2002. erowid.org/exp/5742

5.0 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)
  -1.0 g smoked Cannabis (leaves)

Recently, I was at my friends appartment with a few other people, one of which deals in pharmeceuticals. I went there this day with the full expectation of being in a alterred state of consciousness because I have come to associate this place with a plethora of different substances, none of which I have ever experienced without first conducting thorough research. She had Hydromorphone, Hydrocodone, Diazepam, Adderall, and a few others. She offered me a 5mg tablet of the Hydrocodone which I readily accepted. I popped the pill and then sat back and relaxed for a while, waiting for it to take effect.

It was at some point during this that I remembered what my last experience was like with Hydrocodone. It involved very unpleasant nausea and cramps which I did not care to repeat, even though my dose was smaller this time. In an attempt ot try and prevent this situation, I began to smoke some high quality Cannabis out of my glass pipe because I read that it is an excellent anti-nauseant. We smoked many pipes in succession until I was quite stoned, as were a few others in the room.

Not only did I not have any nausea whatsoever, but the two substances had actually complemented each other very nicely. I had completely forgotten about the hydrocodone I had taken, but now I realized that the wonderful, floaty feeling of the hydrocodone had taken the sometimes annoying body load away from the stoned feeling. I felt wonderfully high for quite a while, seeming as light as a feather. As far as the physical sensation, the closest feeliing I can compare it to is a mild Salvia experience without the visual side.

I am very experienced with cannabis, and I am no beginner with pharmeceuticals, but together, these substances are definitely very enjoyable. I would be very interested in (cautiously) experimenting further.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5742
Published: Jan 22, 2002Views: 48,445
Hydrocodone (111), Cannabis (1) : Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)