Panic Attacks and Anxiety
Cannabis
by cuse09
Citation:   cuse09. "Panic Attacks and Anxiety: An Experience with Cannabis (exp57407)". Erowid.org. Feb 6, 2018. erowid.org/exp/57407

smoked Cannabis (plant material)

My experience with weed started off with a pretty good one, and have been a terrifying one ever since. The first time I got high, I felt really good and felt like I was living in a new world. I was enjoying alot about it, until it hit me.

I started to get panic attacks, where I was constantly aware and conscious of what was happening around me. It came to a point where I was thinking really hard, how ppl were watching me or thinking about what I was thinking about, and blacked out. From then on, everytime I smoke even a joint, I get the anxiety feeling. Even after a hit or two, I can already start feeling the weed affecting how I think. This is a scary experience, and I have stopped smoking ever since.
The bad part is, this feeling has been stuck with me even when I am sober. I have been getting anxious feelings even when I'm not smoking, and have affected my life drastically. I feel like I've been experiencing depression. I'm sure this is a phase, and hopefully I can get over it soon, as ppl have written that they got better after a while. But until then, I'm not gonna be smoking anymore weed.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 57407
Published: Feb 6, 2018Views: 696
Cannabis (1) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Difficult Experiences (5), Post Trip Problems (8), Not Applicable (38)