"When historians pick up their pens to write the story of the 21st century, let them say that it was your generation who laid down the heavy burdens of hate at last and that peace finally triumphed over violence, aggression and war. So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
-- John Lewis (1940-2020)
Cheap Date
Alcohol, Vinpocetine & Huperzine
by DevilDoc
Citation:   DevilDoc. "Cheap Date: An Experience with Alcohol, Vinpocetine & Huperzine (exp56919)". Erowid.org. Feb 21, 2018. erowid.org/exp/56919

author logo
10 mg oral Vinpocetine (pill / tablet)
  50 ug oral Huperzine (pill / tablet)
    oral Alcohol

This isn't a trip report, per se, but more of a observation I thought needed more testing to prove. Years ago I noticed that when I took two 'smart drugs' - vinpocetine (10mg) and huperzine A (50 mcg) - before I consumed alcohol, the effects of the alcohol were greatly augmented. 1 drink would make me feel like I consumed 3, 2 like 6, and so on. The up side was that with two little pills I became an extermely cheap date. Of course the down side was that with one drink I felt unsafe to drive. My wife has confirmed these subjective findings, and the two of us will take our pills 1-3 hours before, say, going to a club. We only need 2 drinks to feel pretty intoxicated - much cheaper than the 4-6 it usually takes.

Things to note - the effects seem to last much longer. Those two drinks will be with us for 3-4 hours. This is also nice if we want to conserve at home - one 750ml bottle of wine will last us two nights. We would normally go through a bottle each with dinner. We haven't noticed any other effects, positive or negative. It doesn't seem to change the experience in the least.

Not sure if it's just us or what, but there you go.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 56919
Published: Feb 21, 2018Views: 1,633
Vinpocetine (162), Huperzine (474), Alcohol (61) : Retrospective / Summary (11), Combinations (3), Small Group (2-9) (17)