More than 2 million people use Erowid every month.
During the pandemic, only 70 of those contribute $1 or more.
Donations are down significantly. Please Contribute.
Gave Me My Life Back
Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone)
by Beau Hero
Citation:   Beau Hero. "Gave Me My Life Back: An Experience with Buprenorphine / Naloxone (Suboxone) (exp56776)". Erowid.org. May 31, 2019. erowid.org/exp/56776

20 mg   Pharms - Buprenorphine
  5 mg   Naloxone

Suboxone has given me my life back after being addicted to heroin for over 2 years. I have been clean and on Suboxone now for 18 months and I'm finaly picking up the peices of my wrecked life. Next month I will start weaning off of Suboxone.

Heroin and other drugs had ruined my life. I tried to stop when I went to college in Orlando for Recording Arts and producing music but it only got worse. I was shooting up to 13 bags a day at that point and I had to drop out because my habit was too expensive and It took me a full day of stealing and scheming to get enough money. Back then Pawn shops and auto shops were like home to me. Thats all changed now with the help of Suboxone. It takes my cravings away and helps me to lead a normal life, well as normal as a life can get for addicts. It is expensive but not as expensive as jails, institutions, and death is.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 56776
Published: May 31, 2019Views: 297
Pharms - Buprenorphine (265) : Addiction & Habituation (10), Medical Use (47), Not Applicable (38)