Dear Erowid Readers: We're a small nonprofit that runs the top drug information website in the world. We have only 4 staff but serve 12 million users, and have costs like any big website: servers, power, office space, programs, and staff. To protect our independence, we don't run ads or take government funds. If everyone reading this gave $3, our fundraising would be done today. If Erowid is useful to you, take a minute to keep it online and ad-free another year!
Donate by Bitcoin
Some CNS Stimulation
Phenylephrine
by Shroomius
Citation:   Shroomius. "Some CNS Stimulation: An Experience with Phenylephrine (ID 56692)". Erowid.org. Jun 20, 2007. erowid.org/exp/56692

DOSE: 20 drops smoked Pharms - Phenylephrine

I was sick with a cold, so I bought some nasal decongestion spray. This was the one with phenylephrine in it. I had experience with the one with oxymetazoline hcl, so I thought I would try phenylephrine. Here is what I did. I put about 20 drops on a plate and then microwaved it to evaporate it, then I scraped it up with a knife. I rolled it into a ball and put it in my pipe and proceeded to smoke it to see if there was any CNS stimulation. Upon inhaling the smoke, it is very similar to the oxymetazoline when doing the same procedure described.

All in all I would say that it was kinda pleasurable. Kinda like amphetamine, but not exactly the same. My pulse rate was increased a little bit after smoking it. In my opinion there is some CNS stimulation and it feels quit pleasurable. I don't know if dopamine is released or not. The place it felt good was on the very top of my head and on my temples. The pleasurable feeling seems to grow when smoking more.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 56692