Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
The Good Comes With Some Ugly
Hydrocodone
by D
Citation:   D. "The Good Comes With Some Ugly: An Experience with Hydrocodone (exp56638)". Erowid.org. Jan 22, 2021. erowid.org/exp/56638

10 mg oral Hydrocodone (pill / tablet)
  1000 mg oral Acetaminophen (pill / tablet)

I had started to become curious about drugs and was interested in trying something. A friend of mine who knew quite a bit told me that he'd give me some hydrocodone, because it was a good beginner drug and because I could handle it at school. He brought me two 5/500 tablets which I took shortly after school began.

After an hour I began to notice a difference, but not anything I would consider a high. I got a little tingly, but it was very minor. I changed classes and as I sat down, it really started hitting me.

The best way that I can describe this is as a wave of pleasurable warmth and happiness. As I sat at my desk, I became very happy and I felt wonderful. I became very talkative, which is not something I noticed but something I was told the next day. Apparently at this point I'd had a big mouth about other people, and also said some things which embarrassed myself. Oops.

By lunch, the experience was significantly less intense, though it never was very intense. It lingered, and I wanted more. I continued to be happy and light-hearted for the most of the day. By the time I went home that feeling was gone and I was extremely tired. I went to bed early that night.

The next morning I woke up feeling like shit. I guess you could call this the withdrawal, or the come-down. I realize I had a very small doseage, but the withdrawal was there and I wouldn't want it again, especially from a larger dose. I had a headache, food was not a good thought, and I didn't feel like being at school.

Overall, this was a pretty positive experience. I might be able to be pressured into it again, but for now I'm fine without.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 56638
Published: Jan 22, 2021Views: 458
Hydrocodone (111) : First Times (2), School (35)