Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Sleep Walking=Bad
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Anonymous
Citation:   Anonymous. "Sleep Walking=Bad: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (exp56190)". Erowid.org. May 4, 2015. erowid.org/exp/56190

10 mg oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

I was prescribed Ambien when I was in the hospital for depression. The first night on it within 10 minutes of taking it, I passed out in the TV room. The only other thing I remember that time was someone carrying me to my room.

My dosage was lowered to 5mg when I was released. I was staying at my mom's house then. And she knew I was taking sleeping pills. The first night home I fell when I tried to get up. And had to be carried back to my bed. I called the doctor and was told to take 2.5mg (break the pill). I figured things would be fine then with a lower dosage.

But lowering the dosage didn't work out. The second night home I took took the 2.5mg. I went to sleep and woke up figuring thing were fine. I had the shakes a little. Come to find out my mom had caught me sleep walking to my car with keys in hand. After that I quit taking it. Better no sleep than dead.

Anyways, if you used to sleep walk please be careful, and try to be around someone willing to keep an eye on you just in case.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 56190
Published: May 4, 2015Views: 2,790
Pharms - Zolpidem (143) : Various (28), Medical Use (47), Difficult Experiences (5)