Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Not Worth It
Venlafaxine (Effexor XR)
by Khan
Citation:   Khan. "Not Worth It: An Experience with Venlafaxine (Effexor XR) (exp56120)". Erowid.org. Oct 21, 2006. erowid.org/exp/56120

150 mg oral Pharms - Venlafaxine (daily)

I started taking antidepressents about 3 years ago for my chronic migraines. At first, the doc prescribed me prozac 20mg, which seemed to work for a while. Only side effect was there seemed to be an increased sex drive, or that might've been just me. After the prozac stopped working completely and the migraines returned, my doc prescribed me effexor 150mg.

So far it's doing its job and i'm functioning well while on it. However, missing a dose is HELL. A few times this year I forgot to take it a few days in a row (vaca or whatnot) and the effects are not pleasant at all. Headaches become almost permanent, dizziness is always present, I have the feel like I just woke up after a heavy night of drinking and it wont go away. Not to mention effexor seems to suck a lot of emotions out of me, and sometimes may leave me feeling kinda dull and bored.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 56120
Published: Oct 21, 2006Views: 11,138
Pharms - Venlafaxine (191) : Difficult Experiences (5), Health Benefits (32), Not Applicable (38)