Signed "Free Casey" Blotter
Give $75 or more & get blotter art of LSD chemist Hardison, signed by
luminaries such as Dennis McKenna, Dale Pendell, or the Shulgins!
Crushing Addiction
Zolpidem (Ambien)
by Ken M
Citation:   Ken M. "Crushing Addiction: An Experience with Zolpidem (Ambien) (exp55832)". Erowid.org. Jun 25, 2007. erowid.org/exp/55832

repeated oral Pharms - Zolpidem (pill / tablet)

When I first saw a bottle of Ambien in my kitchen months ago, I decided to check it out online. I found that it gets one high and people seem to like the feeling. I tried 20 mg and had a nice buzz. I realized it felt like a Benadryl trip, but much much better (benadryl is scary). This inspired me to try higher doses like 40 mg which always ended up making me do stupid shit. I find that whenever I get high on ambien I become inspired to do more ambient, so I'd go to the medicine cabinet and grab another to snort and probably smoke weed in addition.

When I wake up in the morning I think of how stupid I am to keep abusing this drug because it's not even very enjoyable anymore. I'd also find more ambien placed in hidden spots throughout my room that I must've placed when I was high, but I can never remember it. I've realized just now that the only reason I did it all those times is because I got addicted to the fact that I can easily get even more high at the end of the night. And I've also noticed that after building a tolerance to ambien, I no longer get the same euphoric effect.

I've decided that I'm never going to do ambien again because I know if my love found out about it, she'd be devastated, and I cant lie to her. it kills me inside. It cant be good for my health either.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 55832