Help us get 10 more reviews in 2018! And spread the word that accurate info about psychedelics and other drugs improves health, culture, and policies.
Drinking with Friends
Alcohol
by Ben
Citation:   Ben. "Drinking with Friends: An Experience with Alcohol (exp54474)". Erowid.org. Dec 5, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54474

90 ml oral Alcohol - Hard (liquid)

0:00h – I ingested 90mL of 40% alcohol for the first time on an empty stomach with some friends.

~0:05h – There is a warm feeling in my throat, face, and stomach due to the dilation of capillaries and the irritating effects of the alcohol. There is also a mild sense of well being, nothing major at this point.

~0:10h – The effects are apparent now, I am dizzy, red in the face, euphoric, and am noticing a loss of inhibition.

~0:30h – We decide to go for a walk, walking is not difficult but my balance is off, my vision has become blurry and it is hard to focus. I notice I am a lot more social than I would be otherwise I am also in a lot less control of my person, I like my inhibitions.

~1:00h – The effects are mostly the same at this point, it is pleasurable, there is a pleasant feeling throughout my body but I am not able to let go of the feeling that I am not in control, I suppose if you where to drink enough this feeling would go away and you wouldn’t care, but I don’t find that to be a desirable effect.

~2:00h – I am slowly regaining control, the experience has not been overly intense, but I was able to get a feel for the drug, and can extrapolate what a higher dosage would be like, I don’t think I will be trying more anytime soon.

~4:00h – Baseline.

Aftereffects – I feel fine today, there was no hangover but I didn’t expect one from the amount I ingested. Alcohol is a very interesting substance, it is a depressant and yet most people don’t even consider it to be a drug. Although I found my experience enjoyable I did not like the loss of inhibitions associated with it, anything that can make you lose control like that scares me.

Exp Year: 2003ExpID: 54474
Published: Dec 5, 2007Views: 46,907
Alcohol - Hard (198) : General (1), Small Group (2-9) (17)