Have you had an experience with
Peyote, San Pedro, or Synthetic Mescaline?
Help out researchers at Maastricht University and...
Take this Survey!
Relaxing
Pregabalin
by pizzy
Citation:   pizzy. "Relaxing: An Experience with Pregabalin (exp54049)". Erowid.org. Aug 29, 2007. erowid.org/exp/54049

75 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (capsule)

I was prescribed pregabalin (brand name: Lyrica) for my carpal tunnel syndrome, as it is used to treat pain related to nerve damage. It also has an interesting side effect... 'It may make you drowsy' according to the label. This is true. I am addicted to xanax (something my doctor is unaware of because I obtain them via internet pharmacies), and the pregabalin not only made me a little drowsy and relaxed, it completed eliminated my anxiety for the rest of the day, and allowed me to skip my usual xanax, without which I usually cannot fall asleep. The next day, I felt refreshed and anxiety-free, and so far (3 hours after waking), have felt no need to take a xanax, which is atypical for me.

I did some research, and Pfizer attempted to get this drug approved for anxiety disorders, but it was rejected. I have only been taking this medicine for two days now, so it remains to be seen how it will work over the next three months (the period of my prescription), but so far I am a fan.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 54049
Published: Aug 29, 2007Views: 31,512
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : Not Applicable (38), Medical Use (47), First Times (2)