Support honest drug info & help us reach a new high for the
number of $5+ donations in a month. Our goal is 1,268.

Donate by Bitcoin
Like Doing Multivariable Calculus
Pregabalin (Lyrica)
by Clear Skies
Citation:   Clear Skies. "Like Doing Multivariable Calculus: An Experience with Pregabalin (Lyrica) (exp53871)". Erowid.org. Jun 20, 2007. erowid.org/exp/53871

450 mg oral Pharms - Pregabalin (pill / tablet)

I managed to procure some from the doctor. In all honesty, I regret the lies necessary to do this. I'm someone who has pretty tried every high nature and labs can produce and at this point in my life, I can stay sober for the most part, so long as my insatiable curiosity is satisfied. So when I saw Lyrica, I had to try it just so I wouldn't have the prospect of a novel experience on my mind.

Well, it's not like a benzo for the most part. It kicks in after about 2 hours, and all of a sudden I found that the simple act of seeing was, well, a chore.

The two times I did the 450mg dose as described in the prescribing information, I happened to be putting Ikea furniture together. Strange coincidence. Both times, I was not taking any other substances. And damn, both times, screwing those little things in with Allen wrenches was like doing multivariable calculus.

So here's the deal on Lyrica. It doesn't feel as good as a benzo. It sedates me just as much. I can't walk very straight, and I talk like Iím drunk. This lasts about 3-4 hours. Does it feel good? Well, if I have some good music and I can sink into a chair, and have absolutely nothing to do (not even having to play with the remote), it's quite a nice relaxation. But otherwise, it just seems to get in the way. Thinking is hard. Walking is hard seeing is hard. I can see this being a great thing for a lazy Sunday when the girlfriend is gone and I have nothing to do.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53871
Published: Jun 20, 2007Views: 32,914
Pharms - Pregabalin (418) : First Times (2), Alone (16)