Modern humans must learn how to relate to psychoactives
responsibly, treating them with respect and awareness,
working to minimize harms and maximize benefits, and
integrating use into a healthy, enjoyable, and productive life.
Falling Dead and Seeing the Light
Mushrooms & LSD
by J-Toogz
Citation:   J-Toogz. "Falling Dead and Seeing the Light: An Experience with Mushrooms & LSD (exp53691)". Erowid.org. Oct 15, 2007. erowid.org/exp/53691

3.5 g oral Mushrooms (tea)
  3 hits oral LSD (blotter / tab)
  2 hits oral LSD (blotter / tab)

I would like to start out by saying that I've tripped many times and made a hobby out of combining large doses of drugs, and this is by far the most unique situation I have put myself in. 3 friends and I were going to a 311 concert at a small university in Maryland. We were from out of town so we got a hotel room a few miles away from the concert. I noticed we had a stove, so I decided to boil my mushrooms and make some tea. I started to feel the effects right before we left for the show (we left about 2 hours early), and it was nothing abnormal: dizziness, giggling, and the normal colors trails associated with psychedelic mushrooms. My friends had decided to eat ecstasy instead of mushrooms since we also had LSD, so they popped their pills and on we went.

Right before we got in the car I ate 3 of my hits of acid. I had 5 total, 2 different types, but this is the only one I had tried before. After chewing on the paper for a few minutes I felt as if it was the right time to swallow it, which I did. I promptly put the other 2 hits in my mouth and started chewing. My friends asked me why I wasnít pacing myself better, I told them I wanted to be peaking off the mushrooms right when the acid started to take its effect. We went into the show and split up, one friend and I had general admission while the other 2 had pit seats.

At this point I realized I had ate too many hallucinogens to be in a public place. I started to feel paranoid, like something bad was going to happen. An experienced tripper, I simply shrugged this off, telling myself I was just fucked up and keeping my psyche normal for a little longer. Once we finally reached our seats and I sat down I began feeling very uncomfortable. The warm-up band was loud and their music sucked and this began to displease me more and more by the minute. I was hot, trippin balls, and I was ready to leave before the show even started. Knowing that it would be completely ridiculous for me to even ask my friends to leave with me, I tried to suck it up.

Then I got this thought in my head that I was going to die. I was going to die unless I got water right away. I told my friend who told me to calm down and he would help get me to a water fountain. This is where it all went completely wrong. I went to open a door and it was locked. I became furious at this and started to run down the stairs, which I ended up falling down. Once I fell down it became ďclearĒ to me. I had just died, the door being locked represented it being too late and the fall was me actually dying. I began pleading with God to allow me one more chance at life. Keep in mind Iím yelling this lying down on a stairway in the middle of a concert.

My friend realizes he needs to get me the hell out of here and tries to get me up. I start running. Through people, into people, raising hell and catching the attention of one of Marylandís finest police officers. After watching me run amuck for a few seconds they approached me and grabbed me from behind. Still thinking Iím dead, I thought they were Godís police coming to get me. Not ready to die I began screaming and running away from them like there was no tomorrow. I ended up running right into another group of officers and they all then struggled to get me out of the building. I couldnít comprehend what was happening and began trying to push my way free of them again.

They ended up tackling me and eventually getting me into a cop car. However, I was so fucked up I didnít realize I was in a cop car, nor that I was handcuffed and that my face was pressed against the seat. Being unable to move and seeing nothing but black, I realized that I was in hell. I hadnít exactly been a law-abiding, sin-free citizen. I started yelling gibberish and getting very angry. I was pleading with God to let me get into heaven. Hell sucked. Meanwhile in reality, the cops knew I was completely fucked up and as a precaution took me to the hospital.

Carting me around a hospital only confirmed any previous doubt that I had that I was dead. I was still yelling at God, begging and pleading for my life. Well at this point they supposedly saw blood on my head (my memory is a little shaky so Iím going by the police report), and they decided that I needed a CAT scan. I donít know if youíve ever been in a cat scan but youíre pretty much surrounded by white light. I saw this as ďseeing the light,Ē and figured out that God had finally decided to let me into heaven. Already having accepted my death, I was pretty happy I wasnít going to spend the rest of my life in that dark place I was before.

Well after a few hours hooked up to an IV, I came to in the hospital, a nurse by my side. I asked her if she was my guardian angel. She gave me a puzzled look. I asked again. It was then that she said ďSon, youíre not dead, youíre in a hospital.Ē I didnít believe it at first but after looking around I realized she was telling the truth. After about 8 hours of thinking I was dead it became clear that I wasnít. I spent the rest of the weekend in the county detention center until my friends posted bail. After that experience I realized that life was too precious to go out on a drug overdose and I am yet to trip since.

Exp Year: 2005ExpID: 53691
Published: Oct 15, 2007Views: 17,164
LSD (2), Mushrooms (39) : Combinations (3), Bad Trips (6), Train Wrecks & Trip Disasters (7), Mystical Experiences (9), Festival / Lg. Crowd (24)