T.K.O.
DXM
by Cali_qt_boi
Citation:   Cali_qt_boi. "T.K.O.: An Experience with DXM (exp5358)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2001. erowid.org/exp/5358

oral DXM (powder / crystals)

I've always been one of those people who feel totally invincable when it comes to the possible dangers of particular drugs, never really accepting the consideration of many evil side effects (and even death) that certain substances can cause. That is until this recent experience with DXM, the infamous 'over the counter' psychedelic (if you can even call it a psychedelic).

First of all, I bought about 15 grams of DXM through JLF. JLF sells DXM about as pure as you can get it, and it's fairly cheap!!! I'm not saying this is a good thing, you must make certain to be extra careful with extracted chemicals with a higher degree of purity.

Anyways, I didn't have a scale, so I figured I would measure out 'by eye.' Again, this is something else you NEVER do, especially with pure compounds, it's much easier to overdose, which is what I think I did. About an hour after ingesting the DXM on a Friday night, I started to feel the dissaociatives power engulf my entire body from head to toe. The next thing I can honestly tell you I remember is waking up Sunday afternoon, after getting 39 hours of uninterupted sleep!!! I'll be honest guys, it scared the crap out of me. I've heard of people going into temporary (or even perminant) comas because of this class of drugs, and I'm certain that must have been what happened to me. I'm just glad and thankful I woke up. Please take all I've said here with extreme caution when it comes to Dextromethorphan, it can be a VERY dangerous drug.

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5358
Published: Mar 1, 2001Views: 11,089
DXM (22) : Difficult Experiences (5), Overdose (29), Unknown Context (20)