Hand-Crafted Glass Molecules!
Donate $100+ and get an art glass molecule.
(Pick caffeine, DMT, dopamine, ethanol, harmine, MDMA,
mescaline, serotonin, tryptamine, nitrous, THC, or psilocybin)
Like a First Kiss Without the Awkardness
Ecstasy (MDMA) & Methylphenidate
by Karschael
Citation:   Karschael. "Like a First Kiss Without the Awkardness: An Experience with Ecstasy (MDMA) & Methylphenidate (exp53465)". Erowid.org. Mar 14, 2008. erowid.org/exp/53465

T+ 0:00
7.5 mg insufflated Pharms - Methylphenidate (ground / crushed)
  T+ 0:00 20 mg oral Pharms - Methylphenidate (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:15 0.5 tablets oral MDMA (pill / tablet)
  T+ 0:30 0.5 tablets oral MDMA (pill / tablet)


My first time doing E I was at a club in western NY. There was some sort of drum & bass techno event and a bunch of friends and I decided to go out and enjoy the atmosphere since we all enjoy experimental electronic music and had never been to the venue before. We had planned to get a bunch of E before going, but our connections fell through and we were left hanging. A little while before going to the club, I crushed up a 10mg Ritalin pill and snorted 3/4 of it. This had partially run it's course by the time we got to the venue.

The venue had a great atmosphere with a mix of people, ranging from the typical ravers to the casual college-kid bar-goers. The music was fantastic and with the lighting effects (sadly no strobe lights, but many other spinning lights and a few projector screens), it was already pumped full of excitement. The group of friends and I mingled and danced for a while before going out back for a few cigarettes.

At this point I felt a need for a pick-me-up, since I hadn't been drinking. My friend gave me a 20mg pill of Ritalin that I swallowed whole. About 10 minutes after I’d taken the Ritz another friend of mine handed me an ecstasy pill, saying that he'd found a connection. It was the yellow 'Mercedes' brand (it had a stamp with the Mercedes logo). I split it in half with my teeth and popped the 1/2, saving the other half in a napkin in my pocket in case I had any adverse effects (I try to be cautious when taking a new drug).

15 minutes in, I wasn't feeling anything out of the ordinary and wasn't sure how long the E would take to kick in and I almost wanted to go see if any of the newfound connections had acid, but based on my friends' reactions to the pills that two of them had taken earlier, I decided to go ahead and take the other half of the pill. After about half an hour, I felt a tightening in my chest and was a little concerned, but the feeling wasn't intense enough for me to want to tell someone. I just drank some water and decided to wait it out. Half an hour to an hour later was when I began to fully feel effects of the E.

I was dancing with my friends to the music when I decided to take a water break. While drinking my water, the feelings of the E suddenly hit. Even though the club was very hot inside, I felt as though there was a cool breeze on my body. The only thing I can liken this to is when you're wearing a latex glove and you run your hand under cold water. The water was crisp and cold and went down very smoothly. My skin began to feel like velvet - very silky and smooth and extremely sensitive to touch. The experience of touch could be likened to the tingling sensation in my lips when I get drunk, only without the numb, sloppy feel.

Every single experience felt wonderful. My mood was instantly thousands of times better and I found myself smiling without realizing it. Every now and then a friend of mine would come over to me and the guy I’ve been very close to and (partially drunk and also rollin’) kept telling us that if we were going to be young, hot, and together that we should be making out. Kissing on E is a great experience. It’s not necessarily sexual, as you might think, but instead it’s just an incredibly good feeling, sort of like the way a really great food or drink makes you feel. Picture your first deep kiss and take the awkwardness out of it. Now add heightened sensitivity to every good feeling. It’s like that, only without the sexual vibe.

We would use the ice from our glasses in our mouths to pass back and forth with our tongues. Sometimes one of use would crush it with our teeth and pass the frozen shards, which almost tickled inside my mouth. We danced for a while longer. This was also absolutely amazing, since the music vibrations had a fuzzy tingling effect, especially if I touched my body or moved my fingers through my hair. Also, being hot and sweaty in a room full of other people always gets my adrenaline going and gets me a little pumped up. This feeling, plus the stimulant effects from the Ritz and the E really got me hyped. A friend of mine found me and said that there was going to be an after-party at another friends' house. Shortly after hearing this, the venue began shutting down the rave (it was about 4am).

Outside the venue, I met up with the two people hosting the after-party (a dj and his girlfriend) and rode in their car to their house. This was when I came to full realization that I was peaking. On the ride to the house, the car windows were down and the girl was talking about the sabers. Half paying attention to the conversation, the breeze from the window flew in and swept over my body. It was a warm night and after the hot club, the ride was incredibly refreshing. I watched the streetlights of the city float past, with a sort of ethereal glow. For brief moments they would trail off and fade - a less intense look as in those movies where they have a camera watch a bridge in New York City and when it turns to night, the lights all become a steady stream.

Once at the couples’ house, I had gotten to know the two a bit more (or so it seemed, as social situations are hardly ever awkward on E) and was offered some more comfortable clothes to change into. As I walked across the carpeting, I began to feel as though I was no longer walking on my feet, but on clouds. The carpeting seemed to sink in like memory foam beneath my feet. For fifteen minutes or so, the hostess and I sat and discussed the house, our pasts, and other basics on who we are as individuals. Looking back on the situation, I cannot recall any other social circumstance that has gone so incredibly smooth and open as the events of this night. Meeting new people is often slightly awkward for me, and I take a while to open up. In this case, I felt as though I belonged completely.

The rest of the night is a foggy blur of bonding, conversation, psy-trance music (the host had his own turntable set), and of course ecstatic feelings. Annoyances and worries simply weren’t part of anyone’s mind. Even “arguments” were not arguments, but were expressions of views which can be looked at objectively and points are considered and understood. I remember the coming down beginning somewhere around 6am (I had taken the E at sometime near 2:30am), but I wasn’t upset about the fact that I had to return to normalcy in a couple hours. I was instead grateful for the entire experience and knew that even if I could hold on to the experience, I wouldn’t want to because it wouldn’t be special if I could. Instead, I took the experience for what it was and observed myself and others as I came down. Some of the rest of the group had snorted lines of E during the night and kept rolling into the morning hours, but I had decided to stay with the effects of the E that I had taken previously so that my first time would very plainly be almost entirely the effects of one tablet. The entire group (except for one person who came in very drunk and nearly immediately passed out in a bedroom upstairs for the night) remained awake through the morning hours and the group of friends I arrived at the club with and I eventually left somewhere around 9am.

The rest of the day after my E experience was spent talking with others and recapping the night, driving back to the small town two of my friends and I had come from, and lounging around. Within the next couples days I did notice some irritability and overall fatigue, though nothing extreme or specifically depressing (I also chocked part of this up to sleep deprivation and made sure to get a good amount for the following days). At one point I ate a bowl of fruit and began to feel similar, mild effects to the E for a period of about 15 minutes. I found myself returned to complete normalcy a bit over 48 hours after taking the E, though I feel that I’ve been able to come into contact with a part of myself in its perfection and now know that I can begin to work towards reaching that state (not physically, but psychologically) on my own.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and intent to take E in the future, possibly a couple times a year. At some point after doing more research, I also intent to “Candy Flip” (take E and Acid at the same time) and will record this as well. :)

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53465
Gender: Female 
Age at time of experience: Not Given 
Published: Mar 14, 2008Views: 25,552
[ View as PDF (for printing) ] [ View as LaTeX (for geeks) ] [ Switch Colors ]
MDMA (3), Pharms - Methylphenidate (114) : Rave / Dance Event (18), Hangover / Days After (46), Glowing Experiences (4), First Times (2)

COPYRIGHTS: All reports are copyright Erowid.
TERMS OF USE: By accessing this page, you agree not to download or analyze the report data without contacting Erowid Center and receiving written permission prior to your downloading the data.

Experience Reports are the writings and opinions of the individual authors who submit them.
Some of the activities described are dangerous and/or illegal and none are recommended by Erowid Center.

Experience Vaults Index Full List of Substances Search Submit Report User Settings About Main Psychoactive Vaults