Help us be a 2021 "Top Rated Nonprofit", and spread accurate info
about psychoactive drugs, health, culture, & policies.
Vertiginous Mess
1,4-Butanediol
by GreenRaine
Citation:   GreenRaine. "Vertiginous Mess: An Experience with 1,4-Butanediol (exp5333)". Erowid.org. Mar 1, 2001. erowid.org/exp/5333

3 caps oral 1,4-Butanediol (liquid)

I too tried Butanediol. While I enjoyed the nodding off sort of high it gave me (kind of reminded me of opiates), I didn't enjoy what happened when I finished my bottle. I had been hitting it daily until the bottle ran out. I was fine for a day, then I started feeling 'shaky' and developed vertigo (room spinning) so badly I had to hold onto the walls at work. I actually threw up from the vertigo. I also developed this nasty sweat on my feet, and my palms and hair also felt sweaty. I also felt that my neck was stiff and achy. This went on for a day or so, then passed. I won't be doing it again. Who knows what's in the industrial chemical version of the stuff which is being sold as printer cleaner, floor cleaner, etc...

Exp Year: 2001ExpID: 5333
Published: Mar 1, 2001Views: 17,018
1,4-Butanediol (51) : Various (28), Addiction & Habituation (10)