Angry but Good
Mushrooms
by RogerWilco
Citation:   RogerWilco. "Angry but Good: An Experience with Mushrooms (exp532)". Erowid.org. Sep 13, 2000. erowid.org/exp/532

1.5 g oral Mushrooms (dried)

My suggestion to anyone who is considering taking a maiden voyage on shrooms, is to get some basic info on them first. I had gone over to a buddy's home just to hang out. My girlfriend and I were on very bad terms, and I decided that hanging out with the boys would help ease some tension.

Unknown to me, they had purchases about 2g of shrooms for me to experiment with. They were veteran users and assured me that it would be very pleasurable. Before this, I had only been an occasional toker. So I tried it, along with a bunch of healthy hoots from my bong.

I washed it down with a few beers and after half an hour nothing seemed to be happening, while all the while I hadn't noticed that I was getting full of energy.

The first signs came when I went to the washroom to take a piss. I looked at myself in the mirror, and noticed my pupils enlarging and shrinking like flashing railroad crossing lights.

I went back into the living room where my two friends were waiting and told them what I saw. My one friend handed me a picture of a motorcycle and asked me what I saw. I noticed the traffic behind it in the picuture was moving at an incredible rate.

Bigger changes occured in the next couple of hours. A black cat was sitting behind my one friend smoking a cigar for a few seconds at one point. I was in the kitchen at another time watching popcorn be made with an air popper. This was fun since the popcorn looked like a waterfall the way it was coming out and I began swimming around the kitchen.

It turned ugly quick as I became violently angry with the one friend since he wasn't saying much to me. I thought he was up to something and was planning my demise and was the cause of all the world's frustrations. (Later I realized that this was a venting of the tension between my girlfriend and me).

For most of the trip I was violent, however by reading articles and stories after the fact, I know how to influence the trip to be a more pleasurable one in the future. Looking forward to it!

Exp Year: 2000ExpID: 532
Published: Sep 13, 2000Views: 4,997
Mushrooms (39) : Small Group (2-9) (17), First Times (2)