Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 7 cryptocurrencies. Please contribute a bit today!
Intense Dreaming
Melatonin & Diphenhydramine
by Josh
Citation:   Josh. "Intense Dreaming: An Experience with Melatonin & Diphenhydramine (exp53188)". Erowid.org. May 25, 2006. erowid.org/exp/53188

50 mg oral Diphenhydramine (pill / tablet)
    oral Acetaminophen (pill / tablet)
  4.5 mg oral Melatonin (pill / tablet)

About an hour before I go to sleep I usually take 3 mg of melatonin and 50 mg of diphenhydramine to help me sleep. Yet tonight I desired to have a vivid dream or a lucid dream that I would remember. So I took 4.5 mg instead of 3 mg. This is the following experience.

12:30 I ingest the melatonin about one hour after the tylenol pm Iím already a little tired.

1:30 a.m. I already feel the melatonin and I get increasingly tired and procceed to bed.

The second I hit the pillow I'm out like a light. During this extremly good sleep I have the most intense dreams I have ever had in my life and to top it all when I wake I can remember the dreams with perfect clarity all the way down to colors location and what was said. In short this was the best dream enhancing drug I have ever used and it had no ill side effects.

1:25 p.m I awake feeling great and not groggy at all.

A very good experience.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53188
Published: May 25, 2006Views: 30,827
Melatonin (94), Dreams (85) : General (1), Alone (16)