Donate BTC or other Cryptocurrency
Your donation supports practical, accurate info about psychoactive
plants & drugs. We accept 7 cryptocurrencies. Please contribute a bit today!
Pavor Nocturnis
Dreams
by Windchild
Citation:   Windchild. "Pavor Nocturnis: An Experience with Dreams (exp53095)". Erowid.org. May 25, 2006. erowid.org/exp/53095

When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I had an episode of what people call 'night terror' or 'pavor nocturnis'. I do not know if I had that more frequently or if this was the single episode.

I fell asleep and had a dream.

In the dream, I was paralyzed in my bed, panicking and looking around. I heard steps, and then, out of thin air, a pair of hands appeared, one carrying a tablet with a bottle and a glass on it. The free hand poured liquid from the bottle into the glass. I knew this was poison, and that it was meant for me. Even more, I knew that I would have to drink it, without being able to resist. I was terrified. Awaking halfway, I screamed loudly, still not being completely back in reality. The time to drink the poison was drawing near.

Then my mother came in, and I snapped into reality some more. I was rolling around in my bed, and thrashing some. I was rather confused and couldn't fully separate dream and reality, but I somehow realized that I was dreaming. My mother calmed me some, and I almost immediately fell back asleep, still confused.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53095
Published: May 25, 2006Views: 9,138
Dreams (85) : Difficult Experiences (5), Alone (16)