Psychedelic Insights Survey
Have you ever taken a psychedelic and had an
experience that was psychologically insightful?
Help our researcher friends at Johns Hopkins & take their Survey!
Like Olestra o_0?
Eszopiclone (Lunestra)
by Clint
Citation:   Clint. "Like Olestra o_0?: An Experience with Eszopiclone (Lunestra) (exp53039)". Erowid.org. Oct 23, 2006. erowid.org/exp/53039

4.0 mg oral Pharms - Eszopiclone (pill / tablet)

Being on Antidepressants has given me some insomnia (I blame Paxil, which my body is now addicted to, yay withdrawals), so I decided to ask the Doc about sleep-aid. I had Ambien first, which worked very well, but being on a weird insurance setup I had to pay full price. $100/bottle is a bit much per month. So going back in later he gave me a 2 tab sample of Lunestra.

Coming up to bed time, I pop both 2mg tabs and sit in front of the computer waiting for it to kick in.....

+1hr Nothing. Maybe a wee bit of heavy eyelids, but I still had enough energy to do whatever. Basically, not tired enough to fall asleep.

+2hr Still nothing, no change in feeling at all.

+4hr Decided to just lay in bed and wait for my body to just go to sleep. Took about my normal 30+mins to fall asleep.

Next day evening, horrible loose stools. Now, Olestra has been noted to, over time of continual consumption (it's an low fat oil chips are baked in or something of the sort), can give you anal leakage. Well I wouldn't say that happened, but it sure as hell wasn't a standard bowel movement. For about another hour after using the bathroom, my stomach still wasn't feeling kosher, but I didn't have to 'go' again.

Conclusion: If I felt like this after just taking a NORMAL dose, I'd hate to experience a recreational use! Explosive diarrhea anyone? Just keep in mind that could happen, but may not be any worse with a higher dosage. So, milage may vary.

Exp Year: 2006ExpID: 53039
Published: Oct 23, 2006Views: 15,210
Pharms - Eszopiclone (373) : First Times (2), Alone (16)